Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

KDE 4.4

Well, yesterday I upgraded my notebook to KDE SC 4.4, after some adjustments everything is working now. Most changes passed almost unnoticed by me, but three of them got my attention: 1. In Kopete, the Wlm plugin now notifies when there are unread e-mails and can open inbox too. That one indeed got my attention because most of it was implemented by me :-) 2. There is a battery widget in Notification plasmoid, that is great because it takes less space than the battery plasmoid and stay hidden when there is no battery connected (something I wanted for a long time). 3. Not everything are flowers (as we say in Brazil)... the notification plasmoid now has a annoying tab that get in the way if you do not enable its auto-hide feature. I do not enable it because my implementation of unread e-mail in Kopete Wlm plugin uses a permanent notification that is hidden if auto-hide is enabled. So now I have this annoying tab, I will change that in the notification plasmoid when I get more time.

Bem, ontem atualizei meu notebook para o KDE SC 4.4, depois de alguns ajustes tudo está funcionando agora. A maioria das mudanças passou despercebida por mim, mas três delas chamaram minha atenção: 1. No Kopete, o plugin Wlm agora avisa quando há e-mails não lidos e permite abrir a caixa de entrada também. Esta mudança com certeza chamou minha atenção por a maior parte dela foi implementada por mim :-) 2. Agora tem um widget de bateria no plasmoid de notificação, isso é ótimo porque ele ocupa menos espaço que o plasmoid de bateria e fica escondido quando não há bateria conectada (algo que eu queria já a muito tempo). 3. Tem tudo são flores... o plasmoid de notificação agora tem uma aba irritante que fica no caminho se você não habilitar o auto esconder. Eu não habilitado isso porque a minha implementação de e-mails não lidos no plugin Wlm do Kopete usa notificação permanente que fica escondida se o auto esconder estiver habilitado. Agora eu tenho essa aba irritante, eu vou isso no plasmoid de notificação quando eu tiver mais tempo.

No comments: